The Philo Exchange Bank’s Online Banking Service has monitoring systems and other controls in place to recognize and help prevent fraud. Philo Exchange Bank will never attempt to gain your personal or account information via email, text message, or automated phone calls. If you believe you are the victim of bank fraud, please contact us immediately for assistance.
The following information is provided to help you protect yourself from cyber crime:
- Protect your computer from viruses by installing and keeping Anti-Virus Software up-to-date.
- Be sure your Operating System has up-to-date security patches.
- To avoid possible phishing attempts hover the cursor over any link prior to clicking on it. If the link has nothing to do with the actual company they claim to be, report the phishing attempt to Philo Exchange Bank.
- Never click on a link from a business requesting you provide them with personal information.
- Do not log in unless you see the correct image on the screen.
- Change your passwords often, at the minimum every six months.
- Don’t use the same ID and PIN/Password for every online account you have.
- NEVER disclose your login credentials to other people or companies.
- Store your ID and Password information in a private and safe location.
- If using a wireless network to access information, ensure that the network is secure. Accessing information over a non-secure network opens the door for criminals.
- When making online purchases, look for a “padlock” in the URL address line that indicates the site is secure.